Before installing, make sure your platform has the required components to run Anchor.
- Download the latest version of Anchor here.
- Navigate to your downloading file and extract the contents.
- Depending on your host there may be a few methods of getting files uploaded.
The most common is FTP/SFTP. In your favourite client, connect to your webhost
and upload the files into the
publicfolder. Note: on different hosts, this folder might be called
- Most server should be configured to allow the webserver to read and write to
your files and folders, but some do not, in this case you will have to change
the permissions on the
0777for the installer to run.
- Next you will need to create a database for Anchor to install to, this can be called anything you like. On different host this process might vary, normally you will have access to some sort of GUI client such as PHPMyAdmin or Sequel Pro. You’ll need to ask your webhost if you’re not sure with this.
- Navigate your browser to your Anchor installation URL, if you have placed Anchor
in a sub directory make sure you append the folder name to the URL:
- Follow the instructions in the installer.
- Once you have completed the install, make sure to delete
installfolder for security purposes.
If you can’t install Anchor, check the forums; there’s probably someone else who’s had the same problem as you, and the community are always happy to help.